Marnie Cate is a fellow Creativia author, whom I would like to showcase today.
You can find Marnie on the following social media:
Twitter: @ Marnie_Cate https://twitter.com/Marnie_Cate
1. I think of Montana and ‘The Horse Whisperer’ comes to mind. Did you grow up on a ranch?
There are beautiful ranches in Montana but I lived in an Irish
2. Where is home to you – Montana, Arizona, or California?
I think my heart will always be in California.
3. An image of a silver nest and an unknown secret came to you, and you felt compelled to write a book. What is the book about?
Mara Stone finds out her family were given the gift of elemental magic. After many years of her gift being taken from her, it has been restored by necessity. The story is about her learning the magic, the reasons for its containment, her family, and the boy she loves.
4. What book are you reading at the moment?
The Running Game by LE Fitzpatrick
5. Do you prefer writing for teens or adults?
I have always loved reading young adult books. When I am writing, I am not focused on who I am writing for but instead the story.
6. When you’re working on a novel, do you forget the time and stay up all night, only to regret it the next day?
I am more likely to get up early to write than stay up too late.
7. Are you working on a new novel?
I am working on Book 3 of the Protectors of the Elemental Magic series.
8. How do you market your books?
Facebook, Twitter and word of mouth. I am very lucky to have a
fantastic publisher that helps with this.
9. Which writer would you like to have dinner with?
Jennifer Estep. I am in love with her Elemental Assassin series. She has such real characters.
10. Do you people-watch from the outside, or are you in with the in crowd?
I bounce back and forth with wanting to be part of the crowd and wanting to be alone. If I had to pick one, I would say I am more of an outsider looking in.
11. What’s the best day you can remember?
There are so many days.
12. Looking back, do you think you got married too young, or do you think that 19 is a good age to marry when a person is young and adaptable?
Nineteen is way too young. I will always love the person I married but we had grown into different people. I think that some people can make it work but I would not recommend it.
13. Apart from family and pets, what’s the first thing you’d save in a fire?
My laptop, my Judi Dench movies and my grandmother’s painting (one she purchased and passed on to my sister).
14. What is it about Dame Judi Dench that you love?
I was at a sad period of life when I found Judi Dench by accident. I watched her tv series, A Fine Romance and I became mesmerized by her. There is something amazing about her. As I sought out more, I grew to like her as a person and an extremely gifted artist.
15. If you could ask Dame Judi one question, what would it be?
After I stopped crying, I would ask her what her favourite character was that she played.
16. Can you speak another language?
17. Where would you like to go if money was no object?
London, Ireland, Scotland.
18. If you could change one thing, what would it be?
There are things that I think I would change but the path it would have closed for me would not be worth it. Every mistake is a learning lesson. Every life event leads to another. But if you insist on an answer, I wouldn’t have wasted my money on a Microsoft Surface 2 and I would have bought the MacBook Air.
19. When you’re not writing, what hobbies do you have?
With work, writing and family, I have no time for hobbies.
20. Which one song can you listen to over and over again?
Parov Stelar’s Booty Swing or Judi Dench singing Send in the Clowns.
Thanks Marnie, for agreeing to answer my 20 questions. If any other authors or publishers would like to be interviewed, please contact me on my website http://www.stevie-turner-author.co.uk with a little bit of information about yourself.
2 thoughts on “Stevie Turner interviews Marnie Cate”
Good interview. You did well, Marnie. You never know what Stevie is going to ask.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Great job Marnie!
LikeLiked by 1 person